Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Don't be afraid of the MONSTER!

After yet another trip back to Texas and enjoying the taste of the fine cuisine that is Freebirds, I felt it time to bring my Top 10 (or so) reasons, that Chipotle will NEVER be better than Freebirds, to the world.

1. No monster (or super monster for that matter)
2. No habanero or death sauce
3. No one says “Sir, someone will be right with you”
4. Only 1 type of tortilla
5. No refried beans
6. No melted queso
7. They serve corn and only white rice
8. The lettuce looks like something from a salad at a hotel brunch
9. Watery sour cream
10. No BBQ sauce
11. No pink lemonade or Dr. Pepper
12. Where are the quesadillas??
13. They have terrible foil wrapping techniques
14. No stamp card
15. No statue of Liberty or foil creations lining the wall

I am such a fan that I carry a monster on the plane with me whenever I return home from Texas. Most friends and family know that if they are coming to visit (from a city that has a Freebirds), they better be carrying a brown paper bag with a monster wrapped in foil with them. Otherwise, they run the risk of getting left at baggage claim. No one has been left yet, thank goodness.

How do you feel about it? Those of you lucky enough to be able to eat Freebirds on a regular basis, consider it a blessing.

4 comments:

Ape said...

Wesley (April here)...where is Freebird's in Houston? I need to visit this place when I go down in November!

Ape said...

And what is this about posting this at 2:39 p.m. on Wednesday? Is that why you weren't answering phone calls at the office??? :-) Tell me more about this Freebirds place

Susan said...

The one and just maybe the only thing, other than football games of course, that I miss about Texas. A Freebirds original and a pink lemonade... Remember when I could eat one faster than all of you guys... wow, that seams a long time ago...

Anonymous said...

Have you tried Moe's yet? It's still not Freebirds, but I think it is a lot better than Chipotle.

http://www.moes.com/